Family Business – Mails to my Clients -10 – To a Family in (Serious) conflict: Performance Self-Appraisal-cum-Cost Benefit Analysis of waging a ‘Family War’…..
Just a thought about a Performance Self-Appraisal-cum-Cost Benefit Analysis of waging a ‘Family War’…..after One Year, without a solution in sight…..
1. Peace of Mind: Are you on the Plus side now? Is it worse? If it is the same, what was the point?
2. Wealth: Increased? Decreased? Same? What was the point?
3. Lawyers’/ Share Brokers’/ Advisors’/ Fees/ Expenses: Loss or Gain? If Loss, what was the point?
4. Relationships: Better/ Worse/ ‘As was’: If Worse, what have you gained?
5. Solution: Reached/ Not Reached: If not yet reached, what was/ is the Expensive Time & Money War all about?
6. After all the damage, in terms of expenses and loss or stagnation in ‘Peace of Mind’, with a Solution still evasive, what has the ‘War’ achieved, for any generation, present and future?
I am nobody to send answers to, but please do make a Self-Appraisal for yourself, and see what you score out of 10: Is there a ‘Plus’ at the end of the “War’ Balance Sheet that has also promoted ‘Peace of Mind’? What use is a Victory without ‘Peace of Mind’?? What use is a Victory without gain?
If nobody has a ‘Plus’ at the end of the ‘War’ Balance Sheet, is there hope of changing tracks and finding an alternate route to your destination that will also increase ‘Peace of Mind’, reduce collateral expenses/ damage, and result in a solution that brings relief to everyone?
Is it a problem of who will speak the truth first? Is seeking a Settlement with Grace such a bad thing???
& Advisor to Family Business
PROMAG Consultancy Services
Apt. 206 Brigade Rathna
42 Ranga Rao Road
Bangalore – 560004 INDIA
Tel. +91-80-26676298/ Cell: 9845271498
Strengthening Family Dynamics for Family Business Growth…….since 1985